Orienteering with GAOC in the COVID-19 era
GAOC is implementing special rules for event participants to maintain the health and safety of all
participants and volunteers and to comply with state and local laws and park regulations. By entering
in and attending the event you are agreeing to abide by these rules.
Registration, Payment, and Waivers
- Preregistration online is required. There will be NO on-site registration.
- Prepayment online is required. NO payments will be accepted on-site.
- Start times will be assigned or selected as part of preregistration.
- Online registration will open for coupon holders only at 8:00pm the Monday before each meet. (Coupons are earned by volunteering.)
- Online registration will open for everyone at 8:00pm the Tuesday before each meet.
- Waivers must be completed online PRIOR to the event. Please complete an annual waiver.
- No paper forms or payments will be accepted on-site.
- If the event is cancelled, or if you cannot or do not want
to attend the event for any reason, a refund or coupon will be issued as
- Orienteering instruction will NOT be provided at the event. (Except what is available on the local WiFi liveresults network.)
- There will be NO equipment rental of any kind for the event.
- Participants MUST bring their own compass and e-punch fingerstick.
Masks and safety
- Participants MUST wear masks when they are not on the course.
- Participants MUST bring their own water.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to carry water. There will be NO water on the course.
- Participants are encouraged to bring personal sanitizer.
- Participants MUST finish within 3 hours of starting or by 3 pm, whichever is earlier.
- Participants MUST report to the finish and download.
- Participant should bring their own food and drinks.
- Participants should NOT attend if they feel unwell, have a fever, have recently been exposed to COVID-19
or should be in quarantine for any reason.
- Participants should NOT approach within 2m of any other person who is not in their household.
- Participants should avoid touching common surfaces.
- Participants should avoid touching the control with anything but the fingerstick.
- Participants should immediately move away from the control after punching to allow others safe access.
- Participants MUST NOT approach the Start until a few minutes before their start time.
- Participants MUST wear a mask until they start.
- Participants MUST maintain a separation of at least 2m from other participants.
- Participants MUST wear a mask once they have finished.
- Participants MUST download at the finish.
- Participants MUST maintain a safe distance of at least 2m from others. More if they are breathing heavily.
- Participants MUST clear the finish area as soon as they have downloaded and taken their splits printout.
- There will be NO results monitor at the event.
- Results MAY be available by WiFi at the event.
- Results will be posted on the GAOC website within a few days.